Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Record packets locked at the end of the run?

warrencowan
9 - Comet

Hi All, 

Am running a workflow as with multiple batch macros with AMP enabled, and at the end of first macros, it reports an error, citing 

" Designer x64 The Designer x64 reported: Record packets locked at the end of the run: 1" ... and brings the whole workflow to a stop.

All the messages and post run checks indicate that all inputs were successfully read and all outputs successfully written to, yet the workflow errors, and thus prevents the reminaing macros from progressing.

I cant find any info on this error though. does anyone know what it means and how to resolve?

thnx

w

23 REPLIES 23
MikeD
8 - Asteroid

I just got this error on Version: 2022.1.1.25127.  I was running a memory-intensive macro with several geospatial tools inside of it, and it was near the end of the first iteration and about to begin the second.  It appears to have failed about the time the render tool was being used to create a report.  The macro completed writing the output files for iteration #1.

TonyaS
Alteryx
Alteryx

Thanks @MikeD 

We will need more details. I don't know if this is a different issue or the same one reported above by other users. This post is from 2020 and we have for sure fixed several issues with deadlocking and record packets getting locked at the end of a run. In order to determine any remaining issues we need details that Support would know to ask for when submitting a case with them. Would you be able to reach out to them so that they can gather the relevant machine/environment/memory details as well as what types of data sources you are connecting to and what other tools are in the workflow? 

Tonya Smith
Sr. Technical Product Manager, cloud App Builder
TonyaS
Alteryx
Alteryx

@MikeD 

I'm going through some old AMP related Community posts, was there ever a Support case submitted for your issue? 
All Reporting tools will be AMP enabled (except Insight tool) with the upcoming 2022.3 Release. It's possible that may provide additional help for slowness issues with Reporting tools running in AMP. 

Tonya Smith
Sr. Technical Product Manager, cloud App Builder
TomWelgemoed
12 - Quasar

For anyone else perhaps reading this years on(!) like me, I managed to resolve this issue. The issue wasn't actually with anything like "records being blocked", but I was feeding an incorrect value into my macro, which results in this error.

So my advice: check if you're variables are correct and hopefully that resolves it!

Labels