Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Reconciliation Techniques

BenMurrells
8 - Asteroid

Morning All...

Still a very novice Alteryx user here and am working my way through the learning path.  Something I wanted to do in conjunction with that learning path is work on real world data whilst I do so.  Which brings me on to reconciliation techniques.  I wanted to start out with what I deem to be a very simple process in Excel which I'd like to convert into Alteryx as follows:

File X - Data sourced from B but produced by F

File Y - Data sourced from B but produced by G

In Excel I'd use a combination of four of the 100 fields in the data to create a unique code.  I'd then produce a master listing so no unique was missed from X or Y.  I'd then Vlookup or Sumif (where applicable) to make sure non or financial fields were the same in both datasets.

Does anyone have a good starting point for this.  In my head this isn't complex at all so I started out with Join connected to both X and Y.  Not ideal but a good starting point to know if columns are missing etc etc.  But it would be good to see a fully fledged reconciliation layout if possible.

1 REPLY 1
Yoshiro_Fujimori
15 - Aurora

Hi @BenMurrells ,

I understand your table already has unique key, and you want to check some fileds to be the same between file X and Y.

If that is the case, you may want to "Transpose" your table to check each combination of Row and Column.

For example,

Original Data

Yoshiro_Fujimori_0-1681373599987.png

Reconciled Data (The changed cell is highlighted)

Yoshiro_Fujimori_1-1681373645437.png

Workflow

Yoshiro_Fujimori_2-1681373692933.png

Transpose Tool configuration

Yoshiro_Fujimori_3-1681373719266.png

Output after Filter Tool (False)

Yoshiro_Fujimori_5-1681373796031.png

I hope this can be of some help.

Labels