Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Recognize and Fill-In Multiple Ranges Off of List & Perform Lookup

JAB95
7 - Meteor

I need to create an Alteryx workflow which does the following:

Objective: create an Excel friendly file that clearly lists each individual Valid OU by Office Code. 

Problem: the Valid OUs are listed in a range and not by each individual OU code.

Starting with the Excel file titled Example - OU, on the tab Office OU Matrix, I'll need to pull in the missing Valid OUs from the listed ranges in cells B2-B4.

The missing Valid OUs are found in order on the List of OUs tab in cells A1-A737.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

6 REPLIES 6

Hi @JAB95 

I tweaked your Text a column a bit to list the valid OUs. I'm not sure though what should happen next. Please see attached. Cheers!

christine_assaad_0-1608142657616.png

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@JAB95 

This is a really interesting one. Can I submit it for weekly challenge?

It is a bit similar with #245, but some how different.

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Weekly-Challenge/Challenge-245-Zip-It-Real-Good/td-p/676980

1217-jbarcola.PNG

JAB95
7 - Meteor

Hi Qiu,

Thanks for the reply and example.

Feel free to submit for weekly challenge.

Jeremy

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@JAB95 
Thank you for the permission.

And much appreciate if you would mark my answer as accept if you fnd it usefull.

JAB95
7 - Meteor

Hi Qiu,

I'm running into capacity issues with the workflow that you kindly provided. 

I'll attach an example file roughly the same size of the one I need to run through the workflow.

Any suggestions on how to handle this would be greatly appreciated. 

Thank you,

Jeremy

DaisukeTsuchiya
13 - Pulsar

Hi @JAB95 
This topic becomes weekly challenge in Japanese version. How about this work flow?

キャプチャ.JPG

Labels