Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Rearrange table as heat plot chart

JonLoi
5 - Atom

Hi all, hope you are in good spirit. 

I have managed to transform a General Ledger into the following format (ie Source table) and due to the substantial amount of entries after being concatenated, I want to transform the Debit and Credit entries to a new table as title column and row respectively with number of entries and total debit amount as the details as denoted below. In hope that I can use the Heat Plot Chart after that. Thanks!Capture.PNG

2 REPLIES 2
RolandSchubert
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hi @JonLoi ,

I'm not absolutely sure I got you right, but I assume, you want to create a  matrix with debit accounts in rows, credit accounts in columns and the amount booked for the respective combination of accounts (e.g. Bank -> Account Receivable) as the value. A second matrix would contain the number of transactions. Both can be transformed in a second step to create the heat plot (size = number of transactions, colour = amount).

I've attached a sample workflow for step 1 (create table) to explain the possible result, heat plot can easily be added.

What do you think?

Best,

Roland

JonLoi
5 - Atom

Hi @RolandSchubert ,

Yes, this is exactly how I wanted it! You made it look so effortless and this drives me to learn more about Alteryx.

Thanks!

Labels