Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Reading excel files from a folder and attaching to email

SR
8 - Asteroid

HI All,

i need some help in figuring out the below task i am trying to build out in alteryx.

i have a folder where i have 40-50 excel files. Each file pertains to a particular manager and the name is added at the end of each file

ex : Development details - Manager A.xlsx

i have a 2nd file where i am reading particular list of manager names and corresponding email address. Goal is to filter the main folder for the manager names included in 2nd file . If a match is found, attach the particular excel to an email.

i have tried dynamic input and batch processing but it has not given me the results desired. any suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
geraldo
13 - Pulsar

@SR 

I don't understand what you didn't get.
we have several steps.
-read a directory and get the list of files
-take these names and identify who they belong to based on the other file where there is a list of manager names
- and assemble the emission of emails and attachments
if you can attach your workflow or exemplify with data it can help

SeanAdams
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @SR - did you manage to get the first piece done, which was to read the files, and injest them?    Where did you get stuck?

Here's an article to help you to capture the key pieces that can help you get a solution that meets your needs relatively quickly

Solved: Posting for fastest possible solution! - Alteryx Community

Labels