Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Read sheets from excel files from folder which is changing monthly

Meteor
8 - Asteroid

Hello Everyone,

Just interested in knowing whether the below steps is possible in Alteryx,

Step 1: A directory contains all the 12 months folder like the picture below.

Mathy_16_0-1592721801078.png

Step 2: Each current month, an excel file will gets uploaded in the current respective month folder. For instance, now we are in June, so in June month folder, an excel file will gets uploaded by a bot as in the below picture. For next month, an excel file gets uploaded in July month folder. Alteryx needs to pick up the current month folder by default.

Mathy_16_1-1592721938655.png

Step 3: This excel file contains many sheets, but I need to pick only certain sheets and do data blending in Alteryx. Below are the different sheets, But I need to pick only "Current ISBS" sheet and with the fields from this sheet do data blending.

Mathy_16_2-1592722306608.png

Step 4: After all the data blending has been done, the output must be written into this same excel file along with these sheets. "RF WW" is the output sheet from Alteryx should be written along with the other sheets in the same excel.

Mathy_16_3-1592722463080.png

Kindly let me know if there is any way to sort this out.

1 REPLY 1
pankajk
10 - Fireball

@Meteor - I have made few assumptions when creating this workflow. Like, used the 'Today Date' to figure out which month to goto and then I am assuming the 'filename' loaded by BOT each month is same or have the same starting name (with may be prefix for the date it generated the file)...... This piece can be tweaked based on requirement.  The output file is generated by creating a 'new tab' in the same excel file as input file. I have attached sample data file and workflow for reference since you didn't attach anything. I would recommend for future help, please always attach sample files and more clarity on your use case for anyone of us to be able to help you better and save time for back and forth clarifications.

Labels