Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Read in 4 files and put in order by day

ewassell
Asteroide

We run a semi monthly payroll.  I need to read in 4 files from a timespan to compute whether the employee should receive PTO. I need some help getting all the hours for the all the days to compute how many they have total for the last 2 months.  Here is an example of the files. I'm sure this is going to be a crsso-tab/transpose type of solution which I still struggle with.

2 RESPOSTAS 2
Prometheus
Quasar

@ewassell If they all have the same schema, you can sort them on creation date then pipe them into a Dynamic Input tool. If a file doesn't have the same schema as the first one that's read, it'll be skipped.

ChrisTX
Aurora

If the layouts (schemas) are exactly the same in all sheets (same field names, same number of fields, same data type for each field), 

then you don't even need a Dynamic Input tool.  Just use a wildcard in the file name in a regular Input Data tool.

Check out this article:

The Ultimate Input Data Flowchart
Community > Designer > Designer Knowledge > The Ultimate Input Data Flowchart
https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Knowledge-Base/The-Ultimate-Input-Data-Flowchart/t...

Chris

Rótulos