Alert: There is a planned Community maintenance outage October 16th from approximately 10 - 11 PM PST. During this time the Alteryx Community will be inaccessible. Thank you for your understanding!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Read data from multiple excel with different sheet name and schema

Pandey19
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

I've a folder where i've around 20 excel files with different names. And the tab/sheet name inside the excel is also different in all files.

Some file has same schema while some are different. Some file has 1 tab while some has multiple tab (again with different name)

Is there any generic way to read all these files combined?

I've followed multiple post in Community but i'm not able to get my solution.

3 REPLIES 3
ChrisTX
16 - Nebula

Since some schema are different, you'll need to use a batch macro.  See this Knowledge Base article:

The Ultimate Input Data Flowchart
Community > Designer > Designer Knowledge > The Ultimate Input Data Flowchart
https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Knowledge-Base/The-Ultimate-Input-Data-Flowchart/t...

Chris

Pandey19
8 - Asteroid

@ChrisTX 

So i followed the link and created the same workflow and macro. Its not giving me all the records.

But if i use the workflow attached in the link, its giving me correct output

Do you know what is going wrong in my macro(new.yxmc)?

binuacs
21 - Polaris

@Pandey19 I think you need two batch macros The first one is to extract all the sheet names from the existing excel and the second one is to combine one into one sheet. Can you try the attached macro 

binuacs_0-1652333549471.png

Labels