Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Read Json file as text without parsing into rows

Muralisagar
8 - Asteroid

1. I need to read a JSON that has a API Request and it need to be connected to Download tool to POST the request for a response, when I read json - its just parsing it into multiple rows but I need it as a single string. Any suggestions please

2. I tried concatenating 2 part requests and used in the download tool but its keep giving error 'Invalid Json payload' but in theory its correct and working in other tools, any guidance on how to send request and receive response would greatly help (using download tool) or any other tool 

3 REPLIES 3
geraldo
13 - Pulsar

@Muralisagar 

Without samples of what you're doing, even if it's a print of g=tools settings, it's difficult to help you

gawa
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

@Muralisagar 

For first question, I'm not sure your purpose, but if you want single line string, (1)use data cleansing tool(Remove linebreak) or (2)concat data. Result would be as below. But I'm not sure what this data shape would be used...

image.pngimage.pngimage.png

For second question, I suppose you got 2 separate JSON data, right? If so, combined JSON data format may be not correct. Try to check format of "combined" JSON data.

When I POST json data in payload, I convert JSON to Blob, and use option "Take Query String...) in configuration of download tool. 

image.png

If your question 1 and 2 are relevant, best practice is to use JSON data as given format, and combine 2 or more JSON into "correct" JSON format, and use it for input to download tool.

LisaD
8 - Asteroid

I have been using CSV file format with really large field length and \n has delimiter.  Then use Summarize tool with \n as separator to make a single field. 

Screenshot 2024-05-08 112856.png

Labels