Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

RESTful API Requests

WilliamTodd98
5 - Atom

Trying to make secure API requests.

Is the Download Tool in Alteryx only HTTP (not HTTPS)? If so is this not unsafe/not secure?

If we cannot use the Download Tool is there a way to use the Python Tool instead? What's the best way to do this if so?

How to we have a Dev vs Prod environment for developing these solution in Alteryx? Particularly around managing the secrets (API Keys etc) and not having them be in Prod.

1 REPLY 1
ArnaldoSandoval
12 - Quasar

Hi @WilliamTodd98 

The Alteryx Download tool handles secure connections, e.g. HTTPS, so you can use it directly out of the box; I will refer you to this topic Open People Search | Alteryx API Connection; scroll down till you reach my reply, which is very detailed; my reply has links to a 25 minutes video "API's in Alteryx" by "The Data School Australia", please watch it in full. The video suggest to install Postman on your workstation, I strongly suggest to install it.

The person I assisted with the Open People question choose to implement Python, which is OK, now I am attaching here the "Guardian API" workflow.

Once you decide the path for your API consumption (Alteryx-Download tool or Python), we could talk about Dev/Prod environment ans descurity.

Hope this helps,

Arnaldo

Labels