Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

R Tool Installation

JRappaport
6 - Meteoroid

I've already installed the Predictive Tools Pack to get the R Tool, however I am unable to find the node within the tool bar.

How I do I get access to the tools downloaded from the Predictive Tools Pack to appear on my alteryx tool pack?

9 REPLIES 9
pedrodrfaria
13 - Pulsar

Hi @JRappaport 

If you have already installed the R Package, it should be showing up in the menu bar. Try closing and reopening Alteryx and it should show up.

pedrodrfaria_0-1609190467483.png

Pedro.

JRappaport
6 - Meteoroid

Unfortunately it still doesn't seem to appear in the tool menu bar.

BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx

You may need to click the white circle with the plus button in it at the top right of Alteryx. In the next window you can enable as many of the tool categories as you would like

plus.png

tools.png

JRappaport
6 - Meteoroid

I've also checked there as well and they seem to not appear there as well. I attached an image of which link I had used download the tools pack...this is the right selection correct? 

pedrodrfaria
13 - Pulsar

@JRappaport Is your Alteryx also the Admin Version? You must match with the predictive tools package you downloaded, admin with admin and non admin with non admin.

BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx

It looks like the predictive tools either haven't successfully installed or they aren't the same version as your Alteryx Designer. You will want to make sure that the predictive tools you download match the same version of your Alteryx Designer installation. You may need to go back one page and select the version that you have under the "previous versions" tab. If you don't know the version of your Alteryx Designer you will want to go to Help -> About and it should show. 

JRappaport
6 - Meteoroid

I've double checked my Alteryx criteria and compared it to the download, and it is aligned with the Admin version  and the same version of Alteryx I have. Is there any other potential reason why the download wouldn't complete?

pedrodrfaria
13 - Pulsar

A different case could be that you installed it in the wrong driver. By any chance, did you switch the drive you installed Alteryx and the drive you installed the package?

JRappaport
6 - Meteoroid

Not to my knowledge, there shouldn't have been a switch at least not one knowingly.

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels