Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Quarterly Payment Split

tomtingley
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

Trying to find a solution to this issue.

I've attached a snippet of some data.

1) First, I want to filter for 'Service Charge' under the 'Rent Type' column

2) Where the 'Frequency' column is '/Month', I want the data to be left untouched.

Where the 'Frequency' column is 'Total', I want the data to be left untouched again.
    Where the 'Frequency' column is '/Quarter', I want the data to be divided by 3 and split across the months following.

E.G. where Mar - 2022 has 15000, I would want 5000 to be shown for Apr - 2022, May - 2022 and Jun - 2022. Mar - 2022 would then become zero.

7 REPLIES 7
binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@tomtingley One way of doing this

binuacs_0-1684189005861.png

ArtApa
Alteryx
Alteryx

@tomtingley - Here is a possible solution:

ArtApa_0-1684192670877.png

tomtingley
8 - Asteroid

Thanks @binuacs @ArtApa !!

However, when I try with my full data set which includes date to 2027, it doesn't work. I've attached the file.

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@tomtingley Can you provide the expected result for some records or all records?

tomtingley
8 - Asteroid

@binuacs When I tried using the 'ALL MONTHS' input, my 2022 data ended up at the end and the quarterly payments did not divide by 3 as you showed earlier in your workflow. Instead, nothing changes.

ArtApa
Alteryx
Alteryx

@tomtingley - I changed a few things for you. Please let me know, if it meets your requirements.

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@tomtingley updated the workflow (your dummy file had NULL values but in the full file it is 0 which was causing the issue)

binuacs_0-1684232035628.png

Labels