Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Python embedded in workflow , export the csvs/data within the workflow?

wonka1234
10 - Fireball

Hi,

I have a python script. It runs in alteryx and exports to my local drive.  I use to_csv to export it.

I want run the script through alteryx and spit out the files or the results of the files to the workflow.

Can this be done?

2 REPLIES 2
wonka1234
10 - Fireball

trying to use 

alteryx.write(dummy,2) , where dummy is the dataframe and 2 is the number in the python anchor.

wonka1234_0-1661444663209.png

adding code:

for code, dummy in mainframe_data.groupby('Lookup'):
del dummy['Lookup']
if len(dummy) <=1000000:
dummy.to_csv(os.path.join(output_location,f"{(' '.join(dummy.File.unique()))[:6]}_Rules_{code}.csv"), sep='|', index=False)
alteryx.write(dummy,2)
else:
dummy.to_csv(os.path.join(output_location,f"{(' '.join(dummy.File.unique()))[:6]}_Rules_{code}.csv"), sep='|', index=False)
for file, dummy2 in dummy.groupby('File'):
if len(dummy2) <=1000000:
dummy2.to_csv(os.path.join(output_location,f"{(' '.join(dummy.File.unique()))[:6]}_Rules_{code}_{file.split('_')[1]}.csv"), sep='|', index=False)
alteryx.write(dummy2,2)
else:
dummy2.to_csv(os.path.join(output_location,f"{(' '.join(dummy.File.unique()))[:6]}_Rules_{code}_{file.split('_')[1]}.csv"), sep='|', index=False)
alteryx.write(dummy2,2)
del dummy2
del dummy
# Cleanup
del code

wonka1234
10 - Fireball

update - i needed to use "Alteryx" capitalize the A.

Now getting data in my browse tool. 1 brings it to my union tool (only 1 dataset showing). 2 brings to my browse tool (only 1 dataset showing) . 

However I have many files i need to bring in, how come only one file is being read in? Expecting 3, I need them to concatentate!

I want to union them to one.

Labels