Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Pulling amount from a standardized excel file to match to a cell ID

mabdulh1
8 - Asteroid

Hi, 

I have a table with list of projects and costs and I need to grab the sum from each column and match it to a cell ID that that value will be entered or imported in too a application I am using. For instance if from one excel file I am grabbing the 900,000 and I want to match it to the first cell ID below that is listed in a second excel file. I just started using alteryx but my thought was to map the cell ID with corresponding values I needed to be entered in that Cell ID and ask alteryx to sum all amounts below that column heading. 

Although one of the values will be require a formula to add/subtract multiple amounts and attach to the correct cell id

mabdulh1_1-1573157942860.png

mabdulh1_3-1573158102512.png

Please ask for clarification if needed but I wasn't sure how to ask the question.

5 REPLIES 5
bpatel
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

hi @mabdulh1 ,

from what i understand i believe the attached workflow is what you are looking for. 

i hope this helps!

mabdulh1
8 - Asteroid
This definitely gives me an idea of how to do the whole workflow im trying to create. would i have to branch off a formula tool from the summarize to lets say take the item 4 lets says minus item 2 plus item 3 and then reconnect to the main branch where it will be matched to a cell id.

mabdulh1
8 - Asteroid
I guess to clarify its not as clear cut where column 1 is going to the first cell id but i could just manually rearrange since the cell id file can be applied always for this workflow to suit how the data im summarizing comes in
bpatel
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Column 1 is being joined together with the first cell using the record ids. 

mabdulh1
8 - Asteroid
I guess my question is if i wanted to join the sum of column 1 with the 2nd cell id on the list for instance instead the first one like it does in the workflow u created
Labels