Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Publish to Tableau - can't see connection errors

mst3k
11 - Bolide

When I hit the Connect button in the publish to tableau tool, nothing happens - it doesn't appear to connect, and I don't get any additional tabs in the tool to configure.

It appears there's some error in my setup but... the frame for the configuration window is too large and blocks the whole error message. I don't seem to be able to select that text and copy and paste it, so I'm left wondering what the error might be and how to proceed.

Any thoughts? Does this happen in your designer as well (it's not just my screen resolution or something?) You don't need an actual error to tell - even without an error you can see below that the white space spills over the border and hides it. Does the same happen on your machine?

mst3k_0-1635259446384.png

2 REPLIES 2
mst3k
11 - Bolide

I eventually figured it out... I was putting the tableau folder/project into the "Site" field instead of blank for default. I removed it, and the Connect worked.

Still, could fixing this error section to make it visible be added in the next version of designer?

kaianderson
8 - Asteroid

I am also encountering this glitch which is making troubleshooting very frustrating. This needs to get resolved.

Labels