Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Publish To Tableau Server: "Control Parameter (69)" must be mapped to a field

Roby
5 - Atom

I'm trying to publish to Tableau Server v. 10.4 using macro version 1.08.1, out of Designer 2019.1.  The macro worked on previous versions of Alteryx, but now the TableauServer.PublishTDE.yxmc.support macro is throwing the following error: 

`The Control Parameter "Control Parameter (69)" must be mapped to a field.`

macro.JPG

When I open it up and look at Control Parameter 69 ("File already exists, do not overwrite"), it appears to be wired up correctly.control param.JPG 

Is this a version problem or something else? Has anyone else run into this?

2 REPLIES 2
Thableaus
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @Roby 

I know it's silly, but have you checked your Macro configuration to see if all options are appropriately defined?

This error is thrown if a field is not linked to the Control Parameter in the Configuration options of the macro. Maybe something could have gone wrong over there.

Cheers, 

Roby
5 - Atom

That was it!  It didn't occur to me that the macro-within-the-macro had a configuration pane.  Also, TIL that the little gear-with-arrow symbol is config input.  For anyone interested, here are the default configurations I found from a previous implementation:

snip2.JPG

snip1.JPG

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels