Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Problems Cleansing Data

jconnolly8
5 - Atom

I was recently assigned an assignment for class (to do on excel not alteryx.... this is just for fun). We were told to clean a data set, and since I am trying to learn alteryx I figured this would be good practice. I got most of the data cleaned, but the two parts that I cannot figure out is deleting rows that contain a blank or null value and formatting dates in a column that were input in several different formats. I am attaching the dataset to this along with my current work on alteryx. You can see where I was stuck on the date function. 

If you need additional information please let me know, otherwise I would really appreciate the help.

2 REPLIES 2
fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @jconnolly8 ,

For null or blank values, you can use the isempty function. I only corrected your condition from OR to AND.

For dates, I've written a condition to test the formats and replace for the Alteryx date format.

Best,

Fernando Vizcaino

jconnolly8
5 - Atom

Thank you so much @fmvizcaino! This makes a lot more sense now that I am looking at the solution. 

I appreciate it!

Labels