Join the Alteryx Community’s Maveryx Summer Cup event! Compete, network with others, and earn your gold through a series of challenges from July 24th to August 11th. Learn more about the event here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Problem with parsing XML file with only one record

Anne-Lise
7 - Meteor

Dear all,

I'm trying to parse the attached XML file, and it didn't recognise the "Header" block. I have a lot of files with the same structure and there is no problem. The only thing I've found, it is that if I'm copying the block "reportingValuationUpdate", and thus creating a 2nd record, it works :-(

Can anyone help please? This is a macro, when I receives the file I don't have any idea on how many records are in these ones.

Thank you,

Anne-Lise

2 REPLIES 2
jrgo
14 - Magnetar

@Anne-Lise,

Issue is because you have your input configured to auto detect the which element it should start reading from. Can't say what how Alteryx decides this, but if you want to be sure it always starts with a specific element, you can specify this.

Update your input configuration, option 6, and enter "reportingValuationUpdate".

image.png

Hope this helps!

Jimmy

Anne-Lise
7 - Meteor

Hi Jimmy,

It works, thank you very much for your help :-)

Kind regards

AL

Labels