Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Preserver Formatting on Overwrite to Excel with Take File/Table Name From Field

NeilFisk
コメット

I have a workflow that at the end I output to Excel.  I have selected the Output Options to Overwrite Sheet or Range and seen the option now to Preserve Formatting on Overwrite (Range Required).  I also am creating multiple sheets using the Take File/Table Name From Field option.  Unfortunately, I do not know how to configure the "Range" so that the formatting is preserved.  I have conditional formatting in the Excel file that I would like to preserve, as well as more simpler formatting.

A simple example would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Neil

Neil-Tsunami_0-1609861198262.png

22件の返信22
jbinnig
アトム

Could you provide an example?

I'm using a batch file I run on the pre-run to copy my template to the following file.

Here is my text input value for the filepath, I attach to AppendFields control.

\\<FilePath>\<filename>_{0}.xlsx|||Sheet1$A2:AO20000

I also tried \\<FilePath>\<filename>_{0}.xlsx|||Sheet1$A2:AO

My Output Data is Configured as such.

File Format: Microsoft Excel (*.xlsx)

Output Options: Overwrite Sheet or Range

Append Field: Map By Field Name

Skip Field Names: True 

Preserve Formatting on Overwrite (Range Required): checked

Take File/Table Name From Field: checked

Change Entire File Path: 

Keep Field in output: tried both values

no dice.

jbinnig
アトム

I get a sheet must exist error with your example.

apathetichell
アルタイル

@jbinnig Try starting a new thread - but first - ummm... does your sheet exsit? If you have a template file and are copying it - you don't magically get a new sheet name. It copies the template file sheetname. So if there is not sheet1 there - there won't be a sheet1 in your new file. And you would then get that error that you are seeing.

ラベル