Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Preparing Excel Data

ACES2019
6 - Meteoroid

I'm trying to prepare an excel file for data analysis that requires the first three lines to be manipulated. First Line contains a year that I need merged with the third line. The second line needs to be removed all together. I can remove the second line and transpose lines 1 and 3 then write a formula to concatenate the two columns but can't get past that. This new row should become the header for the rest of the data.

11 REPLIES 11
ACES2019
6 - Meteoroid

I did and thank you. The updated workflow is missing the year and duplicates the headers (as you mentioned it would). I think the workflow I put out there fixes the issues but starts with the original workflow you provided then backs out of the concatenation. Just wondering if there is an easier way to arrive at the final result (which I no have thanks to you).

DataNath
17 - Castor

@ACES2019 just had a little play around and I think I'd probably go about it in a very similar way to be honest!

Labels