Alert: There is a planned Community maintenance outage October 16th from approximately 10 - 11 PM PST. During this time the Alteryx Community will be inaccessible. Thank you for your understanding!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Pie Chart not displaying large values correctly

alexnajm
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi Community!

I'm stumped - someone asked why large values in a pie chart were not displaying correctly and I can't figure it out. Can someone help? Attached is the workflow and a screenshot of the problematic values - the end output should be that the values circled would show e+10 instead of e+1.

alexnajm_0-1680037389337.png

4 REPLIES 4
CharlieS
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

I tried a few things and couldn't get around that myself. The best I came up with was to make my own labels that includes the category and rounded value. 

20230328-PieChartDisplay.JPG

alexnajm
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Very interesting @CharlieS, thank you for the workaround option! Do you think this is worth reporting as a bug?

CharlieS
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

I definitely think it's worth reporting. Be sure to include the concise example you have prepared (or even link to this thread too). Email support@alteryx.com and they'll get it to the right place. 

alexnajm
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

I emailed them, so I'll keep this up to date with a response if it comes. In the meantime, @CharlieS's solution works so I'll mark it as a solution!

Labels