Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Percentile for Date time stamp

NNaveen
5 - Atom

Hi,

Can you please help me to solve the percentile(95th) calculation for the Date time field in my data set. Attached is my dataset, it has three fields and I have mentioned what operations have to be done on each field - Wave number( Group by), Start time(minimum of date-time), End time( need to get the 95th percentile of date time). I tried to convert End time to integer and use a summarize widget to get the percentile but it didnt work. Can you please help.

Thanks,

Naveen

3 REPLIES 3
grazitti_sapna
17 - Castor

Hi @NNaveen , is this what you are looking for? If not kindly share a sample of desired output.

Thanks.

grazitti_sapna_0-1595396108241.png

Sapna Gupta
NNaveen
5 - Atom

Hi @grazitti_sapna,

The attached sample data file has the output I am looking for. Please check the formula or values in cells E452, E881,E1265,E1635 and E1947 to understand what I am doing.

In your workflow, if you add summarize widget after you convert the date-time to Epoch time in seconds it might work. Can you please help me to convert epoch time back to date-time format. I am including the workflow for your reference.

Thanks,

Naveen

grazitti_sapna
17 - Castor

Hi @NNaveen , I used your new dataset that you provided and matched the end result and it is working please refer to the screenshot and workflow for your reference.

Alteryx O/P-

grazitti_sapna_0-1595569473970.png

Excel O/p- 

grazitti_sapna_1-1595569491997.png

In case you have any queries please reach me out.

Thanks.

Sapna Gupta
Labels