Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLUCIONADO

Parse Eurostat JSON-stat data

jasatt
Meteoro

Hello -

I would like to parse Eurostat json-stat data; are there any tools within Alteryx that can help me parse the result into a table?

Workflow with the data I want to get is attached.

Thanks!

5 RESPOSTAS 5
Thableaus
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @jasatt 

There's a lot of data in your JSON string.

What's your desired output? What is the valuable information for you? (Which columns matter the most)

Cheers,

jasatt
Meteoro

Hello.

Thanks for your reply.

I am interested in a methdology to parse the data. I can use the API to filter the data for each country I need, but i would rather if I get all the data together. The output I need is in the attached.

Kind regards,

Jason

jasatt
Meteoro

Hello -

Is there anyone who can help me in parsing the JSON-stat data?

Thanks!

Thableaus
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @jasatt 

Here's an idea of what to do. Workflow attached.

First I had some trouble to understand the JSON values, but the thing is that you need to create a table with every Country and respective Time_label.

For that, you need to use append fields. Then, RecordID for that combination (Country and Time) will link the number associated with Status and Value.

The other fields and dimensions I did not dive into but it should be easy. It's up to you how to handle them.

Cheers,

jasatt
Meteoro

Thanks and well done! This works great.

Enquetes
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Rótulos