Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

PDF data extracting

MonaAlmutairi
8 - Asteroid

Hello everyone, 

I'm using Directory tool to get all the files paths in a directory.

The question is, how can I from the PDF path display the PDF contents as data not "image" I need to manipulate the contents itself, also I need to be sure if the contents have been read by a macro I've put in the workflow.

Thank you in advance.

5 REPLIES 5
alexnajm
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Do you have Alteryx Intelligence Suite? Otherwise there is a PDF Input macro on the Gallery!

martinding
13 - Pulsar

Hi @MonaAlmutairi,

The directory tool itself will not display content, you can to read the PDF using the Image Input and Image to Text Tools (part of Computer Vision).

Please see my other post for an example:

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Desktop-Discussions/Find-keywords-in-multiple-PDFs...

MonaAlmutairi
8 - Asteroid

@alexnajm Could you please share the name or the link?

alexnajm
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula
mehul64
5 - Atom

Hi

Anyone know if it is possible to change page Orientation of pages from Landscape to Portrait ?  I am trying to read multipage PDFs that have couple of landscape pages every so often.  Additionally, Does Alteryx Intelligence suite have a way to stream PDF input one page at a time so that each page can be analyzed / parsed in a stream?  Thank You!

Labels