Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Overwrite format

CloudDuck
7 - Meteor

Hello,

I'm currently working with blob tools in my workflow and need some guidance.

I've designed a simple template to use as a reference point. My goal is to write text input fields over this template. I have attached the dummy workflow, but I'm having trouble appending the text correctly so it appears as shown in the image below.

Can anyone help?

Output.png

2 REPLIES 2
Yoshiro_Fujimori
15 - Aurora

Hi @CloudDuck ,

Your Blob Output (2) tool outputs a file to "_externals\2\._Insert Movie.xlsxBomba.xlsx".

This is because the param [Modfy File Name by:] is set to "Prepending Field To File Name".

1277353_BlobOutput.png
If you want to output to [Filepath], you should change the param to "Replacing Entire Path With Field".

The other two ranges are not set to output to the [Filepath]. So I added some tools similarly to the first range.

I hope this helps.

Workflow

1277353_Workflow.png

CloudDuck
7 - Meteor

Is there a way to convert this to a macro while preserving the format in the blob? When I attempt to add the fields dynamically, I encounter this error. Specifically, when I switch the workflow to macro and add the interface tools for the input field

ZZError.png

errormv.png

face tools for the input fields i get this error

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels