Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Outputting Multiple Excel Tabs

Féilim
6 - Meteoroid

Hi All, 

I have been able to get multiple tabs to generate in the one Excel file using Block Until Done, see below section of workflow (unfortunately can't share file). I have about 24 tabs generating, and will be using the workflow multiple times with different raw data and as such would like to be able to do two things:

- when choosing output file path, would it be possible to select this once, as currently I having to do it 24 times; and

- sort the order of the tabs being outputted.

Any help with either issue would be appreciated,

Féilim.

clipboard_image_0.png

7 REPLIES 7
JosephSerpis
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @Féilim if you built you filepath or filename before the output you could use "Take file/table name from field at the bottom of the output saying you having to create an output for every scenerio.

Excel_Output.JPG

Féilim
6 - Meteoroid

Thanks @JS420. Would I be correct in saying that this would be pulling in the output file name from the data then in order to create it?

I have tried doing the below but get a "specify sheet name" error.

Would be very grateful if you could update the attached to reflect your method, so I can get a better look and replicate for my own workflow.

wdavis
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @Féilim,

The error is occurring because the in your SheetName field, the data is the same in every row "Sheet". For this to work, it requires a unique sheet name each time. For example, if in your example workflow you change the field to be FieldName, this would then export correctly.

Kind Regards

Will

JosephSerpis
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @Féilim  I have mocked something up for it does use a batch macro have tried to comment to explain what I am doing. Please let me know if you have any issues.

Féilim
6 - Meteoroid

Sorry JS420 but it was more the Workflow I was looking for, would you be able to supply? Please. 

JosephSerpis
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @Féilim Apologies have attached a packed workflow to this post.

Féilim
6 - Meteoroid

Thanks JS420. 

Labels