Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Output to a specific range in Excel

BRRLL99
11 - Bolide

I have following data in Alteryx

dataAmount
A10
A20
A50
B10
B40

Expected Output : is to create 2 files with name A and B ( Each file should has two sources in the same sheet)

Files names should be created based on data columns 

I have tried only this solution with block until done : https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Desktop-Discussions/Output-to-a-specific-range-in-...

Expected out files has been attached

4 REPLIES 4
aatalai
14 - Magnetar

@BRRLL99 take a look at the attached workflow, it should help and let me know how you get on

ScottLewis
9 - Comet

Here's a workflow that does what I think you're getting at. Creates the total, adds the datetime and writes the total and the individual rows to each file.

You'll need to update your base filepath (with a \ at the end) in the second text input tool.

Without seeing what you tried, I suspect you were getting tripped up on the filepath string construction as it is super picky.

BRRLL99
11 - Bolide

@ScottLewis  Thank you

Tried different approach, able to get expected result.

is there any special reason you used block until done at the last for each output tool??

ScottLewis
9 - Comet

Both outputs are writing to all files, one output writes the summarized ranges, the other writes the data ranges. 

Block until done insures that they aren't both trying to get into the same file at the same time.

Labels