Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Outlook Tool 2021

johnd2202
7 - Meteor

Hey all,

I used the Outlook Tool for a long time, but it seems like it started failing last year or the year before. Honestly not sure when because we had another solution in place for that particular task. Long story short, the tool just doesn't work anymore for us and I think there was an update to Microsoft's API at that point. Not sure if anyone else has a better understanding of what's going on. I really need to figure out a way to extract email addresses and parse the email body/subject. Absolutely no way to do this by hand with the manpower we have right now. 

2 REPLIES 2
TrevorS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hello @johnd2202 

Thanks for posting to the Community!
The Outlook Tools are a 3rd party macro that Alteryx does not own.

I would recommend you reach out to the original author regarding the issues.

His initial post for this tool is here

Thanks!
TrevorS

Community Moderator
TheOC
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

hey @johnd2202 ,
Are you using the latest version of the tool from the Alteryx Public Gallery? https://gallery.alteryx.com/#!search/undefined/outlook 
There is a 2020 beta version on there, that may fix your issues potentially.

Hope this helps!
TheOC

Bulien
Labels