Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Opening Insight in analytic app

tonypreece
10 - Fireball

I'm attempting to build my first app, which ends with a browse and Insight tool.

When I run the workflow I can see the charts I've created in the Insight tool, but when I run it through the app interface I only get the browse tool output.  Both browse and insight are selected in the interface designer 'on success' options.

Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

tonyp_0-1573403045166.png

4 REPLIES 4
TonyA
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

One of the questions I have to ask first: is your server set up to support Insights? There is a configuration option to not enable Insight workers.

tonypreece
10 - Fireball

Hi @TonyA, thanks for your question. I've been reading up and spotted that. I'm actually only testing it in Designer at the moment (waited to be granted access to the server) and wondered if that might be the issue?

TonyA
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

I just reread your question and I think I misunderstood. It sounds like you don't have access to a server and want to view your Insight using Designer.

Insights are intended for use only in a Gallery on an Alteryx Server; they can't be viewed in Designer except in the preview section of the Insight configuration window and are not viewed via applications.

When you create an Insight you need to publish it to a Gallery using the drop down box in the upper right corner of the configuration window. Then it can be viewed by opening Gallery, clicking on the Insight menu item and then selecting the server.

This posting talks about publishing Insights:

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Server-Knowledge-Base/Publishing-and-Sharing-an-Insight/ta-...

tonypreece
10 - Fireball

That's exactly it! I'm speaking to our IT team to get access to the server as I type. Thanks.

Labels