Alert: There is a planned Community maintenance outage October 16th from approximately 10 - 11 PM PST. During this time the Alteryx Community will be inaccessible. Thank you for your understanding!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Open a zip file from a workflow in gallery

craigja
Asteroide

I have a zip file coming in daily that contains a single file, I want the users to be able to select this zip file as they do other files from the interface tool but I cant figure out how to do it!  Any ideas?

4 RESPOSTAS 4
AngelosPachis
Nebulosa

Hi @craigja ,

What happens when a user selects a file in the app you have created? So what would you like to happen when the user selects the .zip file?

craigja
Asteroide

When they open a zip it says format not supported - I want it to pull in the only csv file in the zip, which is the same name as the zip but ending in .csv and use that in my workflow

Harbinger
Cometa

@craigja the file browse will not work in gallery-- let me see if my workaround will solve this-- stay tuned 🙂

Harbinger
Cometa

@craigja this should get you what you need! using text inputs to take in the zip and the file within the zip should get you there. if the file or the zip are the same time after time, you may not need both. 

Let me know if this helps!

Rótulos