Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Open From Tableau Server

AldoSnchz
5 - Atom

Hello guys,

I'm currently trying to pull data from Tableau Server into Alteryx; I mean the data sources published in Tableau Server but I'm getting an error every time. 

I know this can be done because someone in my company has done it, but he's using an older version and I don't know if that's the reason or I might have to have other requirements in order to pull the data. (He's using the version 2020.3 and I have the 2022.1.

I attach the screenshot of the error I getting, but I've reviewed the site_id and the credentials I should use with my colleague and they should be ok. 

Can someone provide some guidance please?

Aldo 

4 REPLIES 4
koppenhe
7 - Meteor

Aldo, is the data source a TDE or Hyper extension? Tableau does not allow a TDE download. If it is a Hyper, have you opened that macro to see the underlying issue? It could be that the .yxi would need to be reinstalled under 2022.1. 

koppenhe
7 - Meteor

It could be an AMP related issue also. Try disabling the AMP engine in version 2022.1. Click the canvas, the workflow settings, uncheck the AMP engine option at the bottom. By default, 2022.1 will preselect the AMP engine on all new flows. 

gyang3
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@AldoSnchz your Alteryx version might be fine. This tool is compatible with Designer v2020.2 or later. Few things to check here:

• Make sure your Tableau Server is 2018.1 or later
  • Data source is hyper extension
  • This tool uses Python library tableauhyperio. Thus this tool must be initially run as Administrator so that the library can be installed. Afterwards you can run non-admin.

Let me know if that helps and please mark as solution if so.

AldoSnchz
5 - Atom

Hello, thanks for your answers, all of you are correct. 

Besides those problems you were providing solutions to, the problem I was having was with the permissions of the data source in Tableau Server. You should be owner of the data source or have specific permissions granted from the owner for you to pull the data source to Alteryx.

Hope this solutions can help some of you. 

Labels