Join the Alteryx Community’s Maveryx Summer Cup event! Compete, network with others, and earn your gold through a series of challenges from July 24th to August 11th. Learn more about the event here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Not able to get desired results from a 'List Box' tool in the workflow

NehaIHG
7 - Meteor

Hi Users,

Attaching a workflow here which I have trying to build. I am not getting the desired filtered values from the 'List Box' Tool (basically I want all the Dept in the list to be selected and flowing through the filter tool).

Can anyone please check and advise the error in this and how the settings need to be updated.

Thanks

Neha

6 REPLIES 6
Raj
15 - Aurora

@NehaIHG 
please add sample input file as well as this will not run without input file

Regards

Raj

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@NehaIHG try the below settings  in the list box and run the workflow

image.png

NehaIHG
7 - Meteor

Thanks @binuacs , the suggestion works but only if I select only 1 Dept Id and doesn't seem to work if I am selecting multiple. And as per requirement, I need all values to be selected.

Please could you advise.

Qiu
21 - Polaris
21 - Polaris

@NehaIHG 
There is an accepted solution for the question similar to yours.
https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Desktop-Discussions/Dynamic-selection-from-the-Lis...
I have also make a simple sample by learning from it. 😁

0612-NehaIHG.png

flying008
14 - Magnetar

Hi, @Qiu 

Does the use of  Cross-Tab tool mean that when the input data changes, it needs to be re-run to update the List-Box display?

NehaIHG
7 - Meteor

Yes, the values to be selected will be based on the 'Cross tab' fields.

Labels