Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
RÉSOLU

Not able to append and join data from Union tool

SubbuSharma
Astéroïde

Hi All, 

I am trying to join the files which has updates in HoC Update/Comments (column I) however, in column A  one of the records (# 8) are appearing twice and throwing off my calculations. Could you please help me a dynamic solution.

13 RÉPONSES 13
Luke_C
Castor

Hi @SubbuSharma 

We don't have access to your excel files. Please export your workflow via Options>Export and attach the .yxzp file to share your inputs, assuming there is no confidential information in them. 

SubbuSharma
Astéroïde

Hi @Luke_C 

thank you, I am uploading the workflow here. These are only few documents that I am using to build a prototype however, is it good to use "Directory" if there are 20+ files and names are dynamic?

Kindly advice.  

Luke_C
Castor

Hi @SubbuSharma 

Still don't have your files. Please export to yxzp as I mentioned above (assuming it is not PII/CI). 

Typically when you're importing a bunch of files and unioning them together that's an indication you'll want to use a directory tool followed by a batch macro or dynamic input. Take a look at this article:

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Knowledge-Base/The-Ultimate-Input-Data-Flowchart/t...

Luke_C_0-1667567563652.png

SubbuSharma
Astéroïde

Hi @Luke_C 

Hope you had a great weekend. 

My apologies, have uploaded right attachments now. 

Luke_C
Castor

Hi @SubbuSharma 

I'd suggest simplifying and using a wildcard input, it seems like that works for the files you provided (if you run into schema errors you'll need to look into a batch macro).

Luke_C_0-1667862738045.png

As far as record 8 duplicating, that's because it's across multiple files, it's not clear what logic you want to use to keep one record over another. 

SubbuSharma
Astéroïde

Hi @Luke_C 

Thank you.

Briefly, I am trying to build a workflow to consolidate 5/6 people's responses/inputs for their respective items. Many a times there may not be any input at all however, I should still be able to have respective rows in my consolidated file.

Luke_C
Castor

Hi @SubbuSharma 

Understood, is the approach I suggested not doing that for you?

SubbuSharma
Astéroïde

Hi @Luke_C 

it's not picking the updates from one of the file for #8. Not sure what I am missing here. 

Thank you for your patience.

Luke_C
Castor

I see, I can't seem to reproduce it with the data you've provided, all 6 records are being read from each file:

Luke_C_0-1667915458533.png

Sondage
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Étiquettes