Join the Alteryx Community’s Maveryx Summer Cup event! Compete, network with others, and earn your gold through a series of challenges from July 24th to August 11th. Learn more about the event here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

New to Alteryx

BrandonWanders
5 - Atom

Hello everyone, I just downloaded alteryx for class and have been enjoying going over the videos learning about it and am excited to learn more about what it can do. There seems to be a lot to go over and a lot to learn

2 REPLIES 2
Emil_Kos
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @BrandonWanders

alteryx is a easy to learn hard to master tool. It is very flexible and have amazing potential.

i am using it for couple of years and I still feel excitement when I am working with it.

Regarding it potential it is great tool to connect Anny data sources together and make some data transformations with them. It have possivility to apply it in data science area which is quite hot topic nowadays.

The biggest selling point for me is automation of proceses. You dont need to code to make automation happen. This is very beneficial as it allows organizations  to focus on really important  actions instead of mundain tasks.

SeanAdams
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Welcome @BrandonWanders 

My best suggestion to you is to go through the interactive training - and start working through the Weekly Challenges.   The great thing about the weekly  challenges is that you'll see a few different ways to solve the same problem and accelerate your learning.   I learned Alteryx mainly through the Weekly Challenges, and can't say enough for the great work that that team do!

cc: @JoeM 

Labels