Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Need to convert Row Months into column Months

anthony99
5 - Atom

Hi All,

New Alteryx user here and struggling mightily to get my data formatted in the way I would like. 

I attached the alteryx workflow, can someone please help me convert the data into the excel layout?

Thank you so much in advance for your help.

Anthony 

7 REPLIES 7
DataNath
17 - Castor

Hey @anthony99, you haven't attached your input or provided a packaged workflow with the asset included, so we can't get the input data when opening your provided workflow. Are you able to provide this so we can have a crack? If it's confidential/sensitive data then feel free to use dummy values. Cheers!

anthony99
5 - Atom

Hi DataNath, thank you so much for your help. I attached the input file

DataNath
17 - Castor

How does this look @anthony99? The headers aren't stacked but other than that seems to look like what you're after.

DataNath_0-1652372327992.png

anthony99
5 - Atom

Thank you so much! Would there be a way to sort the months? My fiscal year starts in Month 9?

DataNath
17 - Castor

Off my laptop and can’t think of an idea instantly off the top of my head but if you just need that report for now then could chuck a select tool on and rearrange columns. Can take a look at a more dynamic solution later if nobody else has!

grazitti_sapna
17 - Castor

Hi @anthony99 , Try this workflow I did some mapping to get to the desired result. I hope this helps!

Also, do not forget to mark my post as solution if it helps!

grazitti_sapna_0-1652375978747.png

Thanks!

Sapna Gupta
grazitti_sapna
17 - Castor

@anthony99  did you get a chance to try my workflow out? Just wanted to know if it is helpful!

Sapna Gupta
Labels