Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Need help with Sumifs

ibrahiminui
6 - Meteoroid

Hello,

I need help with combining the if and the sumifs functions using data in input 1 and input 2 tabs in the attached excel file.

The output format is shown in the table below. It's also highlighted in gray in the output tab of the attached file. I computed the output using excel sumifs. So as to compare the answer using Alteryx. 

Input 1 is the main table, however, only sumif the customer number, if the customer number has a negative value, i.e, <0, in input 2. The excel sumif formula is used in the attached file in output tab.

Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Jan VarFeb Var
Customer NumberSegmentABCABC
1Federal      
2State      
3Federal      
4Federal      
5State      
6Federal      
7State      
8Federal      
9State      
10Federal      
11State      
2 REPLIES 2
pankajk
10 - Fireball

Hi @ibrahiminui - Just did a quick workflow to get you the output..... you can rename the final fields.

Primarily join the 2 datasets and create a formula to do calculations based on the criteria (value on input 2 tab <0 and on input 1 tab = "Add").... cross tab the data and join again. hope it helps..... Pankaj

ibrahiminui
6 - Meteoroid

Thanks Pankajk,

I like your solutions, exactly the answer I was looking for.

Quick one, Is it possible to have the output file to have only the customer numbers in input 2 tab, instead of all the customer numbers in both input files?

The current output has all the customer numbers in input 1 and input 2 tabs. 

The requirement is to only do the sumifs by the customer numbers in input 2.

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Femi

Labels