Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Need help to fix the Error

raunakrenge
5 - Atom

Hi All, 

I have directory and it has 3 files as of now (all files has same structure just new records gets added every month), it gets updated every month so there will be new file every month. I am getting error as mentioned below - 

Error: Directory_Input K (3): Record #3: Tool #5: The field schema for the output "Output5" changed between iterations.

Could you please help me with this. I have attached input files, test workflow and macro for this.

Thanks in advance, 

Raunak

5 REPLIES 5
LordNeilLord
15 - Aurora

Hey @raunakrenge 

You need to change the output mode of your macro to Auto Configure by Name in the interface designer properties

Capture.PNG

danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @raunakrenge 

It works properly when I try it with your 3 files.  Check the output of your Directory tool to ensure that you've only got 3 records and that they're the correct ones.  If not try, changing the File specification in your directory tool from "*.*" to something like "InterBusiness_Time_YTD_Detail*.xlsx"

Dan

raunakrenge
5 - Atom

danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

hi @raunakrenge 

You need to edit the properties from inside the macro, not from the main workflow

Dan  

BenjaminBreton
5 - Atom

Thank you! This is what solved my issue 😉

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels