Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Name of the Output file must come from the column field

rtablate
5 - Atom

Hi, Good day1

I just want to ask how the value from the table is going to be my file name? See example below

I have this DateTime_Out column value is "November" data is changing by month so is the file name as well. So once I have the Output Data file name will be "Billing Details - November 2020" November from the file must come in the table value

rtablate_0-1611667198700.png

rtablate_1-1611667226540.png

4 REPLIES 4
Aidan_K
11 - Bolide

Hi @rtablate ,

Use formula tool to add a new column "filename". Build the filename as follows "Billing Details - "+[DateTime_Out]+".csv" and use the following configuration in the output tool (note the settings at the bottom of the screenshot are most important).

AidanKing_0-1611668564679.png

When the month changes now in column "DateTime_Out " the filename should change for you. If there is different values you will get a new file for each record.

Also attached is an example workflow .

Regards,

Aidan

rtablate
5 - Atom

The new column in the table will be the name of the file. How will I do that?

Jonathan-Sherman
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @rtablate,

You'll want to create the file path in a formula tool

Jonathan-Sherman_0-1611669630579.png

Selecting this new field in the bottom part of the output tool configuration pane "Take File/Table Name From Field".

Jonathan-Sherman_1-1611669686036.png

Kind regards,

Jonathan

Aidan_K
11 - Bolide

Hi,

In the formula tool you can enter any value for the filename you like. I used the text you suggested initially as an example only (and included the field [date time_Out] to add the month. You can change the values between the first quotes (currently "Billing Details - ") to be anything you like. If you have a specific file location you want, add the full filepath before like "C:\temp\Billing Details - ".

AidanKing_0-1611669603475.png

Regards,
Aidan

Labels