Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Multiple output needed

mmustkee
10 - Fireball

Hi Team,

Thanks for your help in advance.

I have to extract data from specific tool by SQL which is of Billions of rows. I have to separate that them by department and there are more than 3000 department. The problem is that I have some department which has more than 9 lac of rows and the files are needed in excel or csv format. 

Can I have a workflow to fix this? and how Block until run can be used in this scenario.

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
binuacs
21 - Polaris

@mmustkee are you expecting 3000 excel output files also if the record count is more than some specific count for a particular dept, should that write into the next tab?

mmustkee
10 - Fireball

Hi @binuacs 

I am expecting 3000 separate excel files and if one department has more than millions of row which is excel max limit. The workflow should run successfully for rest of the department and I should get response that specific department could not run due to max limit. 

mmustkee
10 - Fireball

Hi @binuacs 

I am expecting 3000 separate excel files and if one department has more than millions of row which is excel max limit. The workflow should run successfully for rest of the department and I should get response that specific department could not run due to max limit. 

binuacs
21 - Polaris

@mmustkee use a summarise tool and take the count of the departments, if any dep count exceeds the limit write all of them in a separate file with a message Exceeds limit, and process the rest of the departments

image.png

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels