Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Multiple filter suggesting checklist results

LucaHoist
5 - Atom

Hello community

I'm new to Alteryx and I'm amazed by the endless possibilities.

I recentily received a request to modify a workflow and I'm not sure if/how cuold I achieve this result so thank you in advance for any idea/suggestion pointing me to the right direction.

I need to filter the results of a workflow based on a multiple selection, but the user selecting one or multiple values form List1 (a List Box filter) in the example below should "find" the values automatically checked in List2 (another List Box filter). The user should eventually be able modify the selection in List2  and than obtain results based on his List2 selection.

So, for example, the user selects A from List1, than upon opening List2 he should see results 1 and 2 automatically checked. The user then decides to uncheck result 2 and check result 4 and, applying the filter he's going to obtain results "Lore" "Ipsum" and "consectetur"

List1List2Values
A1Lore
A1ipsum
A2dolor
B3sit
B3amen,
B4consectetur
C5adipisci
C5elit

Thank you!

2 REPLIES 2
markcurry
12 - Quasar

This can be done by using Chained Apps, see Weekly Challenge #175 for lots of examples...

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Weekly-Challenge/Challenge-175-Tire-Size-Calculator/td-p/447639

LucaHoist
5 - Atom

Sorry for the late reply, thank you! You're right, that's the way to solve it!

Labels