Alert: There is a planned Community maintenance outage October 16th from approximately 10 - 11 PM PST. During this time the Alteryx Community will be inaccessible. Thank you for your understanding!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Multiple filter criteria

alteryxlim
7 - Meteor

Hi,

I have the following set up for 3 filters (far right of the attached screenshot):

Filter 1: Filter for only the current month action items:

ToDate([Target Completion Date]) <= ToDate(DateTimeTrim(DateTimeToday(),"lastofmonth")) AND ToDate([Target Completion Date]) >= ToDate(DateTimeTrim(DateTimeToday(),"firstofmonth"))

Filter 2: Filter for only the previous month action items:

ToDate([Target Completion Date]) <= DateTimeAdd(DateTimeTrim(DateTimeToday(),"lastofmonth"), -1, 'month') AND ToDate([Target Completion Date]) >= DateTimeAdd(DateTimeTrim(DateTimeToday(),"firstofmonth"), -1, 'month')

Filter 3: Filter for both previous and current month action items:

ToDate([Target Completion Date]) <=DateTimeTrim(DateTimeToday(),"lastofmonth") AND ToDate([Target Completion Date]) >= DateTimeAdd(DateTimeTrim(DateTimeToday(),"firstofmonth"), -1, 'month')

Questions:

1. For the 3 filters above, I want to add another criterion. The criterion would be if one of the columns "Adequacy" reads "False". 

Can I just do AND([Adequacy]) ="False"

2. How do I go about to create a fourth filter where, in addition to the new criterion above, I want to also include action items for the current month and the previous months, i.e. as we are in March 2022, I want to show the results of March 2022 + all the months prior? Filter 3 only has March 2022 and Feb 2022.

alteryxlim_0-1648480643696.png

11 REPLIES 11
binuacs
21 - Polaris

@alteryxlim If your filter condition is common to all the 3 conditions then I think you should add this condition in the first filter  [Project] = "Asset" 

[Project] = "Asset"  AND([Adequacy]) ="False"

for the second condition you can add something like below

ToDate([Target Completion Date]) <= DateTimeNow()

alteryxlim
7 - Meteor

@binuacs Thanks for this. This might seem obvious but I am getting error with [Project] = "Asset" AND ([Adequacy]) ="False". The error message reads: Invalid type in operator ==. I can't see what is wrong with this simple formula.

binuacs
21 - Polaris

@alteryxlim please upload the input file so that I can test your workflow 

alteryxlim
7 - Meteor

Will do, by the way, it should be "Adequate" and not "Adequacy".

I see the yxmd file is only 13KB. Let me know if this is the right file.

binuacs
21 - Polaris

@alteryxlim your alteryx doesn't contain the input file Assurance_Action_Tracker_28_Mar_2022.xlsx, can you upload the same? 

alteryxlim
7 - Meteor
binuacs
21 - Polaris

@alteryxlim the Adequate field is Boolean data type (True or False) value. So that you can give like below in the filter conditon

binuacs_0-1648500724098.png

alteryxlim
7 - Meteor

@binuacs 

How does ![Adequate] achieve the right filter? I want the filter to show only Adequate = False and I don't see anywhere you have specified in your edited workflow the "False" criterion. 

binuacs
21 - Polaris

@alteryxlim as I mentioned Adequate is a Boolean  field means which can hold either True or False value, the ! (NOT) is FALSE value, 

Labels