Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Multiple Dynamic Listbox Analytic Apps

jt98
7 - Meteor

Hi all,

I'm creating a solution that can allow users to select a few options from the multiple list box interfaces. This means that ideally, original data flows into the 1st list box interface, and upon user's input in the 1st list box, it will be filtered and flowed into the 2nd list box upon user's input in the 2nd list box, it will be filtered, and flowed into the 3rd and continue.

I'm not sure why after the data is filtered from first list box interface, it doesnt flow into the "T" anchor of filter and into the 2nd list box and prompt the 2nd user input

Seriously need help on this! Thanks in advance!

3 REPLIES 3
DataNath
17 - Castor

Hey @jt98, what you're describing here requires a Chained Application https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Interactive-Lessons/Chaining-Analytic-Apps/ta-p/243120

With this approach, at each list box step, you'll have your filter and the results of the Filter will be created as an output, which then feeds list box selection options in the second app, and again when going from 2nd > 3rd app. If you start building and run into any issues then please let us know but if you want sequential user selections that change based on the previous, this is the way to go.

jt98
7 - Meteor

Hi there, 

Thanks for providing the link! I'm not sure if it's just me or I can't click on anything within the greyed area which should be the content.

DataNath
17 - Castor

Hey @jt98, there may be an issue with the interactive lesson - there’s an article here containing a zipped file with examples as well:

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Knowledge-Base/Chained-Alteryx-Analytic-Applicatio...

Edit: Just checked and the content is there - they're a series of videos and at times you'll be prompted to type things in/drag tools on to the canvas etc.

Labels