Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Multi-Row Formula Tool

recoilx
8 - Asteroid

Hi!

I can't seem to configure the Multi-Row Formula tool correctly for what I want to do.

I have a data set that features Office numbers.   In the data set, I have some values that have a split office # with a "/" in the cell. I used the "Text to Columns" tool to split out the office # into separate columns.

Now I am trying to create a new row for the Office # I split out, using the original values for the remaining columns.

Current data set after "Text to Column Tool":

Office #RegionDigitsNameOffice #1Office #2

South

0-9

Bill Blank80 
20/86Southeast0-4Joe Smith2086
88West0-9Nancy Doe88 

Goal:

Office #RegionDigitsNameOffice #1Office #2

South

0-9

Bill Blank80 
20/86Southeast0-4Joe Smith2086
86Southeast0-4Joe Smith  
88West0-9Nancy Doe88 

Would someone be able to help me configure the Multi-Row Formula tool to accommodate this?

5 REPLIES 5
ChrisTX
15 - Aurora

In your Text to Column tool, can you choose the option to Split to Rows instead of Columns?

The difference is the original row would have Office # "20", not "20/86".

Chris

Bren_Spill
11 - Bolide

 Hi @recoilx - you can use Text to Columns for this, see below. As @ChrisTX mentioned, original row would be just 20, and new row would contain 20 and 86 in Office #1 and Office #2 respectively

Text to Columns.PNG

usmanbashir
11 - Bolide

@recoilx - please see attached workflow.

recoilx
8 - Asteroid

@ChrisTX Thank you!   Now how would I go about creating new Office #'s based on the "Digit" range.

For example, using the data in my original post above, Office # 80 has a "Digit" range of "0-9".  How do I duplicate sales office # 80's data but create a new office # that includes a digit.  

For example:

ChrisTX
15 - Aurora

Check out the Generate Rows tool, starting with the example inside Alteryx

Labels