Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Multi-Row Formula - Add from 1 Column to a Value in a Different Column

redruby
6 - Meteoroid

The answer to this one is probably easy but somehow I can't get it. Need help. 

I basically need to add the rate to the previous row but from a different column (1_value). See Attached.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

redruby_0-1603163903575.png

redruby_1-1603164036350.png

6 REPLIES 6
T_Willins
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

HI @redruby,

It took 2 Multi-Row Formula tools to get the format you wanted, but attached meets your requirements.  The first Multi-Row Formula adds a Null() row at the top, so the Filter tool is to remove it.  The first Multi-Row tool would connect just after the Sort tool in your workflow.

Multi-Row add columns.jpg

Qiu
21 - Polaris
21 - Polaris

@redruby 
If you dont insist on using Multi Row, I have a simpler way.Capture-101.PNG

grazitti_sapna
17 - Castor

Hi @redruby , I have tried 2 solutions please check.

grazitti_sapna_0-1603168523083.png

grazitti_sapna_1-1603168597742.png

Thanks.

Sapna Gupta
redruby
6 - Meteoroid

Hello @Qiu

Thank you for your quick response. All solutions provided in this thread worked for my case, however, I liked this one since it was the simplest and easiest path toward the solution. The calculation worked as needed. Thank you!

redruby
6 - Meteoroid

Good moning @T_Willins , 

Thank you so much for your response. This is a great solution, however, I failed to indicate that I would need to keep the intial value (Ex .50 from Region 3, etc). I will keep this solution in my pocket for future cases where I would need to weed out that first value. Again thank you for your help!

Qiu
21 - Polaris
21 - Polaris

@redruby 
Happy to be any help and thank you for the mark!

Labels