Join the Alteryx Community’s Maveryx Summer Cup event! Compete, network with others, and earn your gold through a series of challenges from July 24th to August 11th. Learn more about the event here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Multi-Column Text to row table

Ayushkadel
5 - Atom
IDAcc_DescAcc_NumbBox_1Box_1_Split
0CE12020
1SA CH3 45030 20
2CE SA CH5 6  77010 30 30

I have Data that looks like this, data within cells that need to be split are delimited with a spaces. 

I want It to look like the below table, where the values with the same positions within the cells are placed into separate rows. SO ID 1 would split into two rows one with

1-SA-3-50-30 and the following row being 1-CH-4-50-20

IDAcc_DescAcc_NumbBox_1Box_1_Split
0CE12020
1SA35030
1CH45020
2CE57010
2SA67030
2CH77030

There will be cells that need to be split into more than 3 rows as well

Thank you,

Ayush

6 REPLIES 6
griffinwelsh
11 - Bolide

@Ayushkadel 

Please see the attached solution workflow

2092.png

AndrewDMerrill
13 - Pulsar

Here is a simple solution that solves your problem as stated! I think this is quite a simple and elegant solution, which I did not expect when initially thinking about how to approach this.

Screenshot.png

griffinwelsh
11 - Bolide

Very cool. This is simpler and more dynamic than my solution and you can make it even simpler by using the multi-field formula.

Carolyn
10 - Fireball

@AndrewDMerrill - I can't get over how pretty your solution is. That's insanely beautiful.

Ayushkadel
5 - Atom

Both are super impressive, ive been working in this all day and did not get very far. Thank you both so much

Ayushkadel
5 - Atom

Hey Andrew,

Could you explain your solution to me i'm a bit green. It worked perfectly for me and I was able to build on this as well, but I'd like to understand what going on.

Thank you again,

Ayush Kadel

Labels