Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Multi-Column Text to row table

Ayushkadel
5 - Atom
IDAcc_DescAcc_NumbBox_1Box_1_Split
0CE12020
1SA CH3 45030 20
2CE SA CH5 6  77010 30 30

I have Data that looks like this, data within cells that need to be split are delimited with a spaces. 

I want It to look like the below table, where the values with the same positions within the cells are placed into separate rows. SO ID 1 would split into two rows one with

1-SA-3-50-30 and the following row being 1-CH-4-50-20

IDAcc_DescAcc_NumbBox_1Box_1_Split
0CE12020
1SA35030
1CH45020
2CE57010
2SA67030
2CH77030

There will be cells that need to be split into more than 3 rows as well

Thank you,

Ayush

6 REPLIES 6
griffinwelsh
12 - Quasar

@Ayushkadel 

Please see the attached solution workflow

2092.png

AndrewDMerrill
13 - Pulsar

Here is a simple solution that solves your problem as stated! I think this is quite a simple and elegant solution, which I did not expect when initially thinking about how to approach this.

Screenshot.png

griffinwelsh
12 - Quasar

Very cool. This is simpler and more dynamic than my solution and you can make it even simpler by using the multi-field formula.

Carolyn
11 - Bolide

@AndrewDMerrill - I can't get over how pretty your solution is. That's insanely beautiful.

Ayushkadel
5 - Atom

Both are super impressive, ive been working in this all day and did not get very far. Thank you both so much

Ayushkadel
5 - Atom

Hey Andrew,

Could you explain your solution to me i'm a bit green. It worked perfectly for me and I was able to build on this as well, but I'd like to understand what going on.

Thank you again,

Ayush Kadel

Labels