Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Moving macros from one network path to other

SriGayathri
6 - Meteoroid

Hi,

I have around 100+ macros which are located in a shared network path. And 300+ workflows have dependency on these macros. I want to move those macros to different path without breaking the macros connection in the workflow. Please let me know how we can achieve this.

4 REPLIES 4
ArtApa
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @SriGayathri - You can copy your Macros and then do the following:

1) Edit user settings:

ArtApa_0-1622688111372.png

2) Go to Macros. Hit "+". Create a Tool Palette and show a path to your new folder:

ArtApa_1-1622688247998.png

It should work. More info here: https://help.alteryx.com/current/designer/user-settings 

SriGayathri
6 - Meteoroid

Thank you so much for your response @ArtApa !!

That will work for sure! But every Alteryx users who uses those workflows needs to update the macros repository manually. I am looking for the location of program/file where these macros repository defined in the settings are saved. Please let me know if you have an idea on that. 

ArtApa
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @SriGayathri - After creating a macro repository in Designer, the path to the folder is stored in the newly created .ini config file (located at C:\ProgramData\Alteryx\DataProducts\AddOnData\Macros). 

SriGayathri
6 - Meteoroid

Thank you very much @ArtApa !!

Labels