Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLUCIONADO

Moving Filtered Entries from one Column to a new column

pardesi_geet
Átomo

Hello,

I have to filter records in two columns in my dataset. Once I did that, I have to move the filtered records to a new column. I am unable to do so, please help!

Example - Column one (Address) [ Filter words PO BOX]

Column two (Address2) [ Filter words PO BOX]

Then After Getting the results in output , moving the filtered PO BOX records to a new column (Address 3) and deleting the records from Column one and two.

Thanks!

3 RESPOSTAS 3

Hi @pardesi_geet , is it possible for you to share the sample workflow or dataset for better clarity?

Thanks.

Sapna Gupta
pardesi_geet
Átomo

Yes sure, so I am trying to copy and move PO BOX and its number from Address & Address 2 column to a new column ( which I haven't created yet) called PO BOX Address.

@pardesi_geet , you can add a formula tool on both the filters with Address and Address 2 and name the field as PO BOX Address and in the formula tool use field [Address] and [Address 2] it will create a duplicate field, then use select tool too remove the unwanted fields. Please refer to the screenshot for clarity.

grazitti_sapna_0-1592886900918.png

Sapna Gupta
Rótulos