Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Moving Files to Specific Folder

KamenRider
10 - Fireball

Hi @Felipe_Ribeir0 and guys,

I tried your macro of moving files, and I got an error. Can you please help me with this? See below error.

Move files.PNG

If there's any other way the easiest that workflow can call, please do also let me know.

Please advised.

Thanks, 

Kamen

14 REPLIES 14
KamenRider
10 - Fireball

Hi @Felipe_Ribeir0 

Good day,

I would like to follow up if you already have the macro that would overwrite the data after moving the file to a folder?

Hoping to hear from you.

Thanks,

Kamen

Felipe_Ribeir0
16 - Nebula

Hi @KamenRider 

I tested here, it is overwritting the file. Check this example, moving from TestFolder1 to TestFolder2:

overwrite.gif

KamenRider
10 - Fireball

Hi @Felipe_Ribeir0 

Thanks for the response. Can you please run it again like thrice if it still overwriting? Last time I run, it give me an error when I run it for the second time.

Please advise.

Thanks,

Kamen

Felipe_Ribeir0
16 - Nebula

Hi @KamenRider 

I did it at least 5 times now, it worked.

overwrite1.gif

KamenRider
10 - Fireball

Hi @Felipe_Ribeir0 

I tried your file renaming macro using python and I'm somewhat lost with the formula. Can you or someone to please assist me to correct it. Sample new name format is 2023-01-19_Thailand New Report.xlsx.  The error shows below.

NewFilename.PNG

Also is it possible to connect the renaming workflow as shown below. The goal is to copy the file to designated folder and rename.

Connect.PNG

Please advise. Thanks.

Kamen 

Labels