Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Microsoft starter kit not installing

Joel_Mills
6 - Meteoroid

N00b here..

I have been trying to install the Microsoft starterkit to get the PowerBi Macro, but when I run the installer and select install just the starter kit (You already have Alteryx Designer installed) it says "Can't install as you don't have Alteryx Designer installed"... but I do.. I am using it...!

And I don't want to proceed with installation with Alteryx designer option selected as it might muck up my existing installation which is just working fine.

Any ideas gratefully received. 

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Raj
13 - Pulsar

just below it, there is an option of alteryx already installed.

itohan
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

As Raj mentioned, you should see an option to install the starter kit without having to (re-)install Designer.

itohan_2-1677776926806.png

If the primary reason you are installing the Microsoft Starter Kit is get access to the Microsoft Power BI Output tool, you can install that directly here: https://help.alteryx.com/20223/designer/microsoft-power-bi-output-tool

Joel_Mills
6 - Meteoroid

Thanks... I was trying to install without installing Designer.. that was the option I chose but it wasn't working. 
However, your direct link to the tool was helpful and it installed beautifully. Thanks @itohan

Labels